How To Learn BJJ Online
Over the past decade, Brazilian jiu-jitsu has become increasingly popular, particularly with the meteoric rise of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). With its focus on grappling and submission techniques, it has been adopted by many mixed martial artists as a core part of their training regimen.
While its roots can be traced back to the early 20th century in Japan, its current form has its origins in Brazil in the 1920s. Today, Brazilian jiu jitsu is practiced all over the world and has evolved into its own unique martial art with various styles and schools of thought. Its benefits extend beyond just physical fitness and self-defense, as it also promotes mental discipline, focus, and problem-solving skills.
If you're unable to attend in-person classes or prefer learning at your own pace, online courses can be a great option for learning Brazilian jiu jitsu. There are many online resources available that can help you improve your skills and knowledge of BJJ. Here are some of the best places to buy and take online courses for BJJ:
1. Gracie University: Founded by the legendary Gracie family, Gracie University is one of the most popular and comprehensive online BJJ academies. The courses are designed to be beginner-friendly and cover all aspects of BJJ, from basic movements to advanced techniques. Gracie University offers a range of courses for different skill levels, and students can earn belts and stripes through online testing.
2. BJJ Fanatics: BJJ Fanatics is a popular online platform that offers a wide range of instructional videos and courses from some of the best BJJ practitioners in the world. The courses cover a variety of topics, including techniques, strategies, and competition preparation. BJJ Fanatics offers both individual courses and a subscription service that gives you access to all of their content.
3. Atos Online Academy: Atos Online Academy is an online platform developed by the Atos Jiu Jitsu team, one of the most successful BJJ teams in the world. The academy offers a range of courses for different skill levels, from beginners to advanced practitioners. The courses cover a wide range of topics, including techniques, drills, and competition preparation.
4. Udemy: Udemy is an online learning platform that offers a wide range of courses, including BJJ courses. The platform has a variety of BJJ courses available, ranging from beginner to advanced levels. Courses cover various aspects of BJJ, including techniques, drills, and concepts.
5. BJJ Library: BJJ Library is an online platform developed by the renowned Mendes Brothers. The platform offers over 1,000 instructional videos and courses covering all aspects of BJJ, from basics to advanced techniques. BJJ Library offers both individual courses and a subscription service that gives you access to all of their content.
6. BJJ Fanatics: This is a fan favorite as the sports megastars such as Gordon Ryan and Craig Jones regularly record videos and instructionals for them.
In conclusion, online courses can be a great way to learn BJJ, especially if you're unable to attend in-person classes. There are many high-quality online resources available, including Gracie University, BJJ Fanatics, Atos Online Academy, Udemy, and BJJ Library. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced practitioner, online courses can help you improve your skills and knowledge of BJJ.